Rss Feed

Deadheads

Call me crazy, but I love deadheading my flowers.  There's something therapeutic about getting rid of old, spent flowers to help new flowers grow.  It's like the way I feel after getting a good trim on my hair.  My hair looks so much healthier, and easier to manage, when those dead, split ends are gone.

When I'm deadheading in my flower beds, my thoughts always drift to God.  I imagine that He must be thinking the same things about us as He prunes our deadheads away.  Whether it's attitudes, judgments, bad habits or unhealthy relationships, it's not only desirable, it's crucial to our wellbeing to make sure that we're deadheaded on a regular basis.  Getting rid of the things (and people) that no longer serve our purpose and our passion give us renewed vitality, time and focus.  What can you let go of today?

0 comments: