Rss Feed

Progress Report

It's hard knowing that there's so much that needs to be done, but that I have to take a mandatory break because of the fall.  While I like to consider myself an optimist, I'm also a perfectionist and I tend to focus on what still needs to be done, rather than how much I've already done.  When I'm feeling this way, it usually helps to make a list of what I've done to serve as a visual reminder that I am making progress.

So here's my 4-week progress report:
  1. Purchased a new dishwasher and refrigerator and had them both installed.
  2. Purchased new flooring tiles.
  3. Ordered a new countertop.
  4. Removed ceramic tile from kitchen backsplash.
  5. Scraped most of the old pain (3 coats) from kitchen cabinets.
  6. Took classes at Home Depot on tiling, painting and kitchen renovation.
  7. Selected the perfect glass mosaic tiles for the kitchen backsplash.
  8. Planted a peach tree in the side yard.
  9. Found 2 end chairs for the dining room and the perfect arm chair for my bedroom from local thrift shops.
  10. Purchased fabric to make drapes for the kitchen and mudroom.
  11. Cleaned, primed and painted pantry and started putting foods away.
  12. Painted and lined shelves in linen closet.
  13. Purchased and installed temporary light-filtering window coverings.
  14. Had security system installed.
  15. Purchase new rugs for living room and dining room.
  16. Made compost bin and started to make compost.
  17. Hired a handyman who has done a lot of the heavy-duty repairs/updates that needed to be done.
  18. Unpacked (or moved) all boxes from living room and dining room.
Not too bad, I guess.

0 comments: