Rss Feed

A DIY disaster


I've just had my first official DIY initiation.  Determined to get my upper kitchen cabinets prepped, primed and painted this week before the new countertop is delivered at the end of the week, I was on a role yesterday and on schedule for getting the job done.  Until I fell off the ladder, that is. 

The minute I realized I was falling things went to slow-motion, just like they do on TV.  I immediately started praying that I wouldn't be seriously hurt.  It wasn't until a few hours and several X-rays later that I realized how blessed I really use.  I fell into a fairly small area, surrounded by the cabinets, the stove and the glass-front cabinet doors.  It really is nothing short of a miracle that I didn't hit my head on anything or break the glass panes in the cabinet doors and cut myself.  Other than feeling like I survived a full cycle tumbling in a commercial clothes dryer, I can't complain. 

0 comments: