Rss Feed

5 days and counting

On Friday I'm set to close on my new home.  It's not the first home I've owned, nor is it the most expensive.  But it is by far the most important, for reasons that I'll share in future posts.  I've been living in an apartment, a very nice one, for three years since my divorce.  During that time I've watched my daughter blossom, leave the nest and join the U.S. Armed Services.  I've slowly lost most of the very lucrative home-based business due to the economic downturn. I've worked a variety of jobs to supplement my income. I've taken a full-time job. I've joined a new church family.  I've published a book on the connection between spirituality and knitting.

I'm an ordinary woman, yet God is doing extraordinary things in my life.  The past three years have been a journey, all leading to this point.  During that time I've managed to learn to live comfortably and joyously on a lot less. I've gotten completely out of debt. I've come to understand that the desire to create is an intensely spiritual one and that it can be expressed in many ways. I've come to truly enjoy my own company and welcome the time I spend alone.  All of those lessons, and so many more, will be put to the test as I enter into this wonderful new season of life.  Words cannot express my gratitude and humility for all that God has done for me, in spite of myself.

As the name of this blog implies, my mission is to transform the old Cape Cod I'm buying into something truly beautiful.  With lots of money, any body with a decent sense of style or the sense to hire a decorator and a staff of home improvement gurus could do the same thing.  But I don't have a lot of money.  In fact, I have very little.  But that's what makes this adventure so exciting.  This is my opportunity to prove that lots of money is not a prerequisite to turning a house into a truly beautiful, comfortable, peaceful and soul-full home.

I invite you to share this journey with me.  I'll try to post regularly, with lots of before and after pictures of my progress.  As I learn new skills, identify new resources, and uncover new surprises, I'll share them with you.  Feel free to share your stories here as well.

0 comments: